Plastic-wood Derby Car


The Boy / Cub Scout Pinewood Derby has always been a fun event.  I loved it as a youth.  I still love it as an adult.  Even though the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has broken formal relationships with the program, many members like myself still have the supporting equipment and fond memories of the event.  In that case, my local congregation held an activity for adults and children to make cars to race on our regulation track.  I decided to make my car to specifications, except that I used 3D printed plastic rather than wood.  In the pre-race tuning, the car looked competitive, but sadly in my micro tuning with penny weights, I accidently leaked some epoxy in the wheel base the crippled the car.  Sometimes it's best to leave good alone.
 

Comments

Popular Posts